Δευτέρα 4 Αυγούστου 2014

A blog hop with a difference!


ΟΚ you know me i love blog games especially when they come with a great honor. Sweet and talented Christina picked me as one of her favorite crafters/bloggers to this blog hop with a difference and i am so thankful! So now i have to continue this blog hop by answering some questions about me and by picking  my three favorite crafters to introduce you. Original isn't it??? So here we go:

1. What am i working on right now?
Hmmm....tough question this one. You see i am not a usual crafter...Most of times i am working on  many projects at the same time. My creativity is chaotic but i am used to it. But here in Greece during summer temperatures are so high that i cannot get my ass on my craft room to create. I love summer walks, cold beers and of course sea. So i leave aside my creative aspect for a while. This May i made the mistake to begin a new crochet blanket just before summer. The pattern is called "flowers in the snow" from Solstrikke  and every time i feel my hand  "itchy" i work on it. So beside this little progress on my new blanket right now i am working on nothing else and guess what????? I really enjoy this break from everything ;)

2. How long does it take to create a project?
Depends on the project but generally i am quick. All my projects bothering me 24/7 until they are finished... Like an unfinished business that have to be closed. So add to that the fact that i work many things at the same time and you will take a glimpse of what is happening on my mind...A twin crochet blanket might be finished in one month....a layout in an afternoon... a mixed media canvas during  two days...a felt doll in five hours...and so on.

3.What are my fav things i love to create with at the moment?
I love papers....yarns...threads....and colors in all forms from colored pencils to acrylics not only now but all the time! I am a troubled crafter who is still searching for the one and only love to devote her creative energy. So, too many fav things for me so far :)

4.How does my creative process work?
First the idea comes like a hurricane on my mind. I sleep on it for some days... Then i purchase all the needed supllies and i am ready to start. Music on headphones strong coffee on my mug and the fun begins! Easy huh???

5.How do i become inspired?
I can be inspired literally by anything! By a fairytale....by a quote on internet...by the clouds and their shapes...by the sound of the laugh of my son. Life is full of stimulating things all you have to do is let your senses do their work and then try to make what you received with the means you have something beautiful. That's my philosophy and that is what i am trying to do....

6.What is my signature style???
Oh i honestly don't know! I have my own style but i don't know the right word to explain it. My craft friends tell me that i use my soul to everything i make and that it is so obvious... Yes, it is truth i may not always like my work but it is part of who i am....So  no signature style for me but instead i will tell you the first word people say when they hear my name ...OWLS..ha ha yes for most of them puccarina is synonymous to felt owls!
 

Enough about me, time to talk about other talented ladies now! As part of this blog hop i have to choose three others lady... Seriously????? Only 3???? Well as a member of the greek craft community i have so many talented friends especially great scrapbookers. But i won't pick between them as i would like to introduce to my followers some other ways beyond scrapbooking to artsy express yourself. I wrote "artsy" and this is a great transition to my first lady as she is the most "artsy" person i have ever met!

 
Myrto was and still is a breakthrough for greek crafters. She believed that greek ladies can make art and introduced to most of us the "mixed media" term.She is always willing to answer our questions with patience about colors mediums and techniques. She loves to get her hands dirty and when she does it the result is stunning. Maybe her work is darker and more mysterious than mine but i so so love it. Her great love is the art of bookbinding and the last two years (i think two...) she is not only an artist but a teacher also. Stop by to see her work ( you can find her here and here) and before i pass to the next lady i want to say here to Myrto that i am very lucky that i met her not only because she is so talented but because she taught me one thing...when you love something from the bottom of your heart you can make it work beside the difficulties. You my friend are my living proof that in these strange days for our country a dreamer can survive! I wish you all the best <3>
Vivika is young sweet and beyond talented. With a ball of yarn and a crochet hook she can bring to life adorable creatures with unique names and a story following them. Her creations was one of the reasons i decided to learn to crochet although i found out that amigurumi demands great skills and still haven't work on them.... I love her work thoroughly it is so complete and tasty from the little fellows to their photoshooting and presentation. There is no chance to visit her blog and not fall in love! Keep Vivika the great work you are doing i am great fan and i am so glad i had a chance to state it!


Last but not least I would like to introduce you Flora! This lady told me once "no one can estimate the time and efford it takes to handsew something but i don't mind...i love what i am doing and that is the point!" Flora is a kind talented lady that helped me so much when i began to work on felt. She could see me as a competitor but no Flora didn't. She was so willing to share her knowledges and experience. Thank you Flora for everything your felties are still my favorite ones on the whole world!

I hope you enjoyed this post. The next posts from these ladies will be on air Monday 11/8.
Hacuna Matata everybody!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Σχόλιαστε: